Thursday, February 05, 2009

Feb 5th

Yabbies....

Mmm the great white hunter that I am, I decided that I should see is if I could catch a feed of Australia's freshwater crustacean "the yabby"

And man I am a great hunter a bounty, a bucket fall, two giants that have massive claws and 22 morsels for dinner (we ate them all no wastage or abuse of nature resources...) and of course my new pet "________" she hasn't got a name yet.. and no it's not snack or entree.

Checked out the museum, the tourist history village and got a new 7 pin trailer plug, damn stuff going wrong..

Went down fishing from the jetty after throwing back 4 i finally got a decent size herring... caught three more, threw another two back. Two is brekky for me tomorrow.

OMG!!!!! When I got back to the cleaning tables the blokes there had 40 each but same of them still had the egg cases attached.... I hate that, take what your going to eat, throw back the little ones...



4 comments:

Lou said...

Hey Tam!

Cute pet marron. You could always call it the same name that you called your old pet marron? :P
Or, in Japanese the word for marron is "zarigani"... you could call it zaggers for short! I hope the rest were a delicious meal (mmmmm.... hungry!)

Lou

MissE said...

Awww - he's so teeny tiny!
I like Lou's suggestion for the name. You could call him "Zarry" ... so it's like "harry" - I'm just thinking out loud here.

Oceanid3001 said...

PITY she's not a MARRON. She is a yabby.

Lou said...

Well, that doesn't really matter... they are effectively the same, same genus anyway!! FYI I think it's the same word in Japanese... hehehe.

So have you decided what to call it yet?