Thursday, February 19, 2009

19th Feb

I love how the days blur when you're on holiday your not sure if its Thursday or Friday. Well that’s how today began, up early with travel makers discussing heading to the Nullarbor and others off to Augusta.

Today I'm heading over to Denmark and wind my way back home.
Being a total science geek, the fact that Denmark visitors centre has the world's biggest barometer was a total surprise to me… its not as big as you might think, but it has a impressive display... mmm that sounds way too dodgy.

Wondered the streets of Denmark looking for a bargain and an Atm. An Atm was found but no bargains, especially in the newsagents, where a father and I will quote him picked up a Dolly magazine and said, "I want her to look up to these women, want to be like them…" I kid you not, my head shakes in disgusted. Where is New Scientist or The Times when you need them a nice picture of Fiona Wood or anyone with a brain…..

Headed back out of Denmark before I grew another head. Out to the Puzzle Park…. Closed on the front gate… would have been nice to know 18kms ago….. stupidheads… nice drive though…..stupidheads..




Green Pool will be lovely I said through grit teeth and it was…



Then Mead glorious Mead, now talking about misconceptions, I always thought mead was beer and was so looking forward to drinking… Yippie, but as the day would have it NO, it’s a wine, a wine made with honey. Tried a lot, liked a few, have them stashed in the van…. Oh and Honey vanilla Icecream.. mmmmm... work bees...work.

The Toffee Factory next and Wade and Bec are lucky, this toffee factory makes chilli stuff….
Got some chilli chocolate toffee, some Chilli Peanut brittle and some Chilli and Passionfruit jam I think it was, and some mint toffee for me.
My Bounty

Boat Harbour was closed….
Moombaki Winery was closed….

Found something open some pottery studio,

Peaceful Bay a bit windy but beautiful.

Then home for an arvo of relaxing and soaking in the sun.
Home Sweet Home



Going on the Wilderness of Walpole EcoCruise tomorrow, might if I'm feeling up to it even cycle into town. The guy at the front desk reckons it's not far.

2 comments:

MissE said...

mmmmm - that sounds like fun, T. I's a little envious over here. :o)

MissE said...

and what would you like to know about the bass player? And the knob head violinist?